No good. Broth was thin and left you fishing for chunks of chicken. Pass on this one.
The ingredient of Slow Cooker Spicy Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 6 ounces each, cubed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup hot sauce reduce by half if you donu2019t like spice
- 20 ounces diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 white onion small, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 quarts low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Hidden Valleyu00ae Original Ranchu00ae Light Dressing
- 1 pound frozen corn
- 2 corn tortillas torn into pieces
- tortilla chips for garnish
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- avocado sliced, for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- queso fresco for garnish
The instruction how to make Slow Cooker Spicy Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Place the cubed chicken at the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker. Add cumin, oregano and hot sauce, and stir well to coat the chicken with the seasonings.
- Place the 2 cans of diced tomatoes with chiles, along with the onion and garlic in a blender. Puree this mixture, and add to the slow cooker. Next, add the chicken broth and black beans. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes, mix the ranch dressing and the bag of frozen corn together in a bowl, then pour into the slow cooker and stir. Add the shredded corn tortillas, and stir again. When ready to serve, ladle into bowls, and top with tortilla chips, cilantro, avocado, lime wedges and queso fresco.
Nutritions of Slow Cooker Spicy Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soupcalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 190 calories
cholesterolContent: 27 grams
fatContent: 20 milligrams
fiberContent: 4.5 grams
proteinContent: 6 grams
sodiumContent: 15 grams
sugarContent: 530 milligrams
: 4 grams